SkyTrain Expo line in Canada – a major transport service, was closed due to a fire caused by a birds nest.
According to the article by Vacinity Buzz, maintenance crews were performing track-grinding when a spark from the grinding ignited a birds nest under the elevated guideway.
Bird netting was not placed in the area as it was never considered a problem area.
“Birds perching around any location where electricity or sparks could fire is a recipe for diasaster”. “Luckily no one was hurt,” said Alwyn Lomas, Bird Proofer for Bird Proofing Australia.
Bird netting is a sure way to stop the birds perching in a humane and permanent bird proofing solution.
View the full article here: