Bird netting is the most effective method for bird control and it’s harm free. It’s used to prevent birds from causing damage to a particular area/ building. Bird Netting can be installed in commercial, industrial and residential areas. There are several benefits of using Bird Netting as a control method for pest birds. These include:
- It’s humane – bird netting is designed to not harm the birds in any way.
- Effectiveness – bird netting is the most effective bird control method to prevent birds from causing damage.
- Costs – this is a cheaper method than bird deterrents that only provide a short term solution.
- Visibility – bird netting usually comes in a black or white colour and black in particular is virtually invisible.
- Results – bird netting provides an instant solution.
- Saves Damages – designed to keep birds from damaging, farm crops in particular. Preventing expensive losses.
- Use – bird netting can be used permanently or can be reused over and over. It is rot proof, waterproof and fire resistant.
- Rating – it is #1 rated the best bird control method by architects and government agencies.
Types of bird netting:
- Diamond mesh netting
- X-Weave netting
- Heavy duty knotted netting
- Stainless Steel netting
Diamond Mesh Bird Netting
Diamond mesh bird netting is the most commonly used bird net. It is primarily used to cover large expansive areas or to cover large areas to prevent birds causing damage.
It is most used for:
- Residential backyard fruit trees
- Vegetable gardens
- Farm crop
X-Weave Bird Netting
X-Weave netting has a diamond-shaped pattern with cross-weave stitches beneath each mesh. The netting is made to be strong and versatile. Its most commonly used for:
- Preventing small birds – Still allows insects to enter (such as bees).
- Its heavy-duty purposes are used to protect vineyards/ orchards
- Hail protection – the diamond pattern protects from hail damage
The most valuable benefits of the diamond x-weave bird netting are:
- The size of the netting/ mesh can be reduced (small enough to prevent small birds and hail getting in)
- The netting creates shade
- Very lightweight.
Heavy Duty Knotted Netting
Heavy duty bird netting is made out of polyethylene UV stabilized mesh. It is used to block birds from entering unwanted areas and causing damage.
Commonly used to cover the following areas:
- Airplane hangars
Stainless Steel Bird Netting
Stainless steel netting is made out of netting and stainless steel. The added steel adds extra strength and durability compared to your normal bird nettings. This netting won’t pull or stretch which is particularly great for installation in warehouses and factories.
- Easy to install and work with
- Almost invisible visibility
- Great for added protection against larger animals (e.g possums)
This netting is simple and efficient and being a square design, it does reduce installation time and labor costs.
Our Bird Netting here at Bird Proofing Solutions Australia
We offer a netting solution that is secured to your existing outdoor roofing structure. The netting is barely visible against metal roofs therefore not detracting from the building. There is no technology, chemicals, ugly deterrents or ongoing maintenance required in order to get rid of your bird problem. The netting is installed eliminating:
- The risks of diseases spread through bird droppings
- Birds swooping on people to protect their nests, and
- Any defacement of buildings.
No birds or other wildlife are hurt or injured in the process.
We guarantee your bird proofing solution to last for 5 years. During this time there is no maintenance or ongoing costs. Once installed, the job is done.
Commonly installed areas:
- Warehousing & Industrial Buildings
- Car Parks & Commercial Structures
- Schools & Childcares
Bird Proof Australia uses only experienced contractors, with the principal having 30 years’ experience in building commercial outdoor structures. Why risk your building to amateurs and temporary options – keep it clean with a permanent bird control solution.